Wednesday, November 6, 2013

My Go-To Makeup Products



Lately I've been sucked into the beauty blogger/vlogger world. My current faves are Zoella, Sprinkle of GlitterBeauty Crush, and Tanya Burr. Check out their YouTube channels, and you'll be hooked my friend. Don't say I didn't warn you. 

These types of videos on YouTube has kind of made me obsessed with makeup. I am constantly watching hauls, reviews, and tutorials now. I am also really curious as to what makeup everyone is using. I am always on the hunt for the best products! I honestly don't wear that much makeup, but here are my go-to makeup products! Enjoy :)



I've tried many mascaras out there, but Maybelline Falsies Volum' Express (in Very Black and Waterproof) has to be my favorite by far. I have really short, straight eyelashes thanks to my Japanese background, but this baby makes them fuller and longer. 

I used to use a Revlon eyelash curler, that is until it broke on me. I ended up buying a new one, but soon returned it because I discovered this one from Sephora. It works perfectly for me, and I just love the color! 


Concealer is something I cannot go without. I don't use it anywhere else but under my eyes to cover up dark circles. I used to use the Garnier Skin Renew Anti-Dark Circles Eye Roller (in sheer) religiously, but after watching many YouTube videos and reading many reviews, I decided to try out Maybelline Fit Me Concealer (in light). It really works great at covering up any imperfections. I switch between the two whenever I feel like, but I tend to use the Maybelline one more. 


Oh, eyeliners. I have a love-hate relationship with them. See, because the way my eye lid creases (you can thank my Japanese genes once again), I usually end up with my eyeliner smudging all over the place. Since this happens more often than not, I have to use a waterproof eyeliner. Even then it happens! Maybe I just have extra greasy eyelids? I not only use waterproof eyeliner, I end up having to use two different kinds! I use Milani Infinite Liquid Eyeliner (in Everlast and Waterproof) strictly for lining my lid (whoops! the label rubbed off) because it is seriously like amazon clay. It doesn't go anywhere! Then I take either L'Oreal Telescopic Precision Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner (in Black) or MAC Superslick Liquid Eye Liner (in On The Hunt) to give myself a cateye. It's kind of annoying having use two produts, but I have found that this technique works the best for me.

If I'm wanting a more natural look, I line my eyes with MAC Eye Kohl (in Teddy). I have been using this product ever since I was in high school, so I can seriously vouch for this liner!


I never used to fill in my brows, but after seeing them filled in, I couldn't go back. I actually use Glo Minerals Eye Shadow (in Twig) instead of a special brow powder, gel, or liner. I wish I could say where this brush was from, but I actually got it from my best friend who was no longer using it. Before that, I was using an eye shadow brush and it worked just as fine.


Because we're entering the cooler months, I decided to switch out my usual bronzy blush for this MAC Powder Blush (in Pink Swoon). Because it's a sheertone blush, it comes out quite a lovely shade of light pink. I just use a small Kabuki Brush. It's easy to use and easy to store in my makeup bag.


Now this is an essential! I never go anywhere without my Aquaphor Lip Repair. This one even has sunscreen, which is always important. I typically just wear this because it does give off a clear glossy look. Like a gloss, but all the benefits of a chapstick!


Now we are coming across the products that I don't usually wear, but are my favorite nonetheless.

These are my only MAC Lipsticks (in Hang-Up, Diva, Ruby Woo, and Fanfare), but I'm totally obsessed. They are super pigmented and long lasting. I think my collection is only going to grow from here!


I'm sure you've noticed that I don't have any foundation or powder products, and that's because I don't wear any. Same goes for eyeshadows. I don't typically wear eyeshadow on a day-to-day basis, but when I do, I pull out my Urban Decay Naked2 palette and Eyeshadow Primer Potion. With these powers combined, you will get a great, long-lasting look!


-----


And there you have it- my go-to makeup products! My style is constantly changing, but one thing that remains the same is my day-to-day routine. I usually wear the bare minimal, but it's always fun to play around and experiment with new colors and products! 



1 comment:

  1. Hey Ash.. This is your cousin Stephanie... I have the same eye lash curler... Even the same color! Now I have to use actually use it.

    ReplyDelete