Monday, December 9, 2013

First Temp Assignment

Sweater: Forever21, Jeans: Urban Outfitters, Booties: Reflection, Scarf: Foreign Exchange, 
Jewelry: Rose Bowl Flea Market, Lucky Brand, World Market & DIY 


I was recently assigned a temp positions as a receptionist at a big corporation office in Westwood. Receptionist job, no problem. Dressing the part, slight dilemma. I did not own a single pair of slacks or any kind of professional attire. My wardrobe is full of everything BUT that. And I couldn't just wear what I'm wearing in these pictures. Ok, maybe the red lip. ;)

So my best friend and I ventured to H&M on a mission! It was a little rocky at first, I must admit. You should of seen me in the dressing room. I've never had to stick to a professional dress code, so I looked/felt absolutely miserable and uncomfortable. But we did not give up hope! Eventually, we found a flattering pencil skirt for my figure and a perfect dress- both conservative yet modern. I also picked up some shirts that I can incorporate into my everyday wardrobe. I'm so glad I was able to find so much and still stay true to my sense of style. And maybe, just maybe, I'll feature those outfits on here. 

And might I just add, I really enjoyed this assignment! Everyone was so nice and helpful. Not to mention there was a fully stocked fridge full of refreshments and a LATTE MACHINE. Man, if I don't get hired by a big time company, I'm going to be disappointed. I have high expecations now!







No comments:

Post a Comment