Friday, October 11, 2013

Bloggers Only




Last night, I "worked" my first fashion event. It was a "First Glimpse" Bloggers-Only Fashion Presentation hosted by The Blogger Babes at the showroom where I am currently interning. I could not have been more thrilled about this event since I am a fashion blogger myself. This was an exclusive preview of designer collections from Love Gia, Sacred Heart Collections, Rachel Sin, Yoze, and Idea Minerva. I did help out a bit by painting those lovely white pedestals you see below and somewhat dressing the models, but the majority of the time, I was observing the event. I just wish I could have been there as a guest and conversed with my fellow bloggers. I suppose I could have anyways, but I felt obligated to stay more behind the scenes. 

And let me tell you, preparing models for an event like this is hard work. You have to make sure the clothes actually fix, decide what looks best on each girl, accessorize them, and make sure this is all done quickly and smoothly. Behind the scenes of an event like this is actually kind of a mess- clothes thrown about, shoes everywhere, and a whole bunch of naked models. I now have a whole new perspective of this industry. It's not all fun and clothes- it's actually hard work!

All and all, I enjoyed my first real fashion event, but I am SO ready for the weekend! 

Love Gia and Sacred Heart Collections

Sacred Heart Collections

Idea Minerva and Yoze

Rachel Sin


Behind the scenes 

 "I know I'm supposed to be working, but can you take a picture of me for MY own blog?"


Love,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment