Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Good Reads

So far this year I have read four books. May I remind you that it is the beginning of February? Now, I know I spend a majority of my time at home, but I'm still impressed with myself. I don't remember the last time I flew through four books so quickly. Below you will find the book covers as well as a quick review! Hopefully you will keep them in mind the next time you are looking for a new book.
Enjoy! 



I finally finished this bad boy! You don't know how many times I picked it up and abandoned it (Repeat x3). I love a good period piece book, I do, but for some reason, this was a tough read for me. I don't know whether it was because I already was familiar with the plot, or because it was about 85% of the original text from 1813. But I must admit, throwing zombies into the mix did spice things up a bit for me. 


This one has been my FAVORITE so far. I seriously could not put it down. It's one of the best love stories I have ever read. And believe me, I have read my far share of romance novels (I'm looking at you Nicholas Sparks). It tug at my heartstrings for all 315 pages and left me bawling by the end. It's one of those books that you will honestly sit there afterwards and just reflect on. Although it is considered a Young Adult novel, it's probably one of the best books I've ever read. It's going straight to my top all time favorites. 


After reading The Fault In Our Stars, I needed to read another John Green novel. This definitely was a great one, but didn't live up to my expectations. Don't get me wrong, it's a well written novel about a teenager coming of age and has a touching message, but it just didn't do it for me. I guess I was expecting something spectacular to happen at the end, but was I was just left sad and disappointed. Maybe if I hadn't read it right after The Fault In Our Stars, I would've felt differently. 


I honestly don't know where to start with this one. I usually don't go for thrillers, but after reading the back of this book, I was hooked. Gone Girl starts off with a husband coming home to realize his wife is missing and crazy story unfolds from there. It is told from two points of view, and you are left wondering how the heck it's all going to end. Oh, and the twist! I definitely did not see that coming.  

....

I'm planning on making this a series, writing up a new post every time I finish a handful of new books. So keep an eye out for new Good Reads of 2014! 


No comments:

Post a Comment